Mt. Zion Church Of God In Christ was organized in October 1933. During the first 2 years, 2 men pastored for one year each – Elder W.M. Evans, and Elder H.T. Christian
In 1935, Bishop R.F. Williams appointed Elder J.W. Inman. He pastored for the next 30 years and his legacy includes building a 550 seat church on 11th St. SE valued at $100,000.00 in 1947. After his death, Urban Renewal bought the church and tore it down.
The current building was built while Elder E.H. Blackford was Pastor 1965-1971. After he died, Elder William C. Terry, our longest serving Pastor came in 1972 and retired in 2011, after 39 years.
Elder Michael A. Pressley became the 4th Pastor of Mt. Zion in January of 2012, a young man on fire for the Lord, anointed Gospel Preacher, with a vision from the Lord.